I’ve always been a bookworm since I was young, especially when I went through a phase of being obsessed with the Pretty Little Liars series (way before the show) and would legitimately read a whole book in one day. As a young adult now, I still love reading whenever I can and I incorporated a habit of reading about 30-45 minutes a day this past year in 2018. After my recent Portland solo trip, I took home a few more books with me after my long stop at the infamous Powell’s Bookstore and have been reading so many new titles since. Here’s a list of what I’m currently reading and my favorites from the past as well.
1. The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg (mindset + business)
2. How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie (mindset + life)
3. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein (fiction novel) *just finished, very heartbreaking, so be prepared if you decide to read it! A NY Bestseller.
4. Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki (business + finance)
5. Mr. Nice Guy by Jennifer Miller & Jason Feifer (novel) *book was sent to me
6. Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis (mindset + self-help)
1. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck by Mark Manson (mindset)
2. Principles by Ray Dalio (life + business)
3. How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie (mindset + life)
As an avid reader, I started investing more of my time in reading books that involved in understanding and learning new approaches to life and evolving my mindset. Reading these types of books have impacted my personal growth and maturity immensely and has shifted my thought process on how I prepare for my future. If you feel as though you are in a stagnant position in life and need some push or shift in your way of thinking, I highly recommend starting with one of the books on my favorites list, especially the top one.
Even better, maybe even try out a new habit and incorporate reading into your daily routine for 20-30 minutes a day–better than scrolling for 20-30 minutes on your phone 😉